Friday, February 22, 2013

Beauty, Birds, Base and . . . . . . Bavocados?

"Each thing in its way, when true to its own character, is equally beautiful." - Edward Abbey, Desert Solitaire 
[If you want to read the book (you should!) -- it's at home in my room somewhere -- you (whoever you are) may borrow it]


A bird's nest in the tree in the backyard! 
I noticed this while sitting in the backyard reading Death by Black Hole by my hero, American astrophysicist, Neil deGrasse Tyson [Read this book, too!]. Edward Abbey (quoted above) claims that he would rather talk to birds than to aliens. 
Birds are cool, but I think I'm with Neil on this one. Sorry, Ed.


All those buildings in the far distance are part of the Marine Corps Base here (that's where Chris works). There were lots of explosion sounds coming from there today.


What what what!?!? Fifty cents?! I know my dad doesn't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment