Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The only photo I took in New York. It’s a Charles Fazzino airplane statue. 
I’m not normally a fan of his stuff, but this was pretty cool.

My flight was delayed two hours due to “weather” in San Francisco (it was raining…big surprise). I am not the most seasoned of travelers, but I don't think people often use the words “luckily”, “flight” and “delayed” in the same sentence (unless they are also using the word "not" in front of "delayed"). Luckily, my flight to Palm Springs was also delayed. And so, after running around San Francisco Airport for a half hour thanks to the misdirection* of three out of four airline/airport employees, I made my flight.

*Example:

Me: “Can you tell me where Alaska Airlines is?”
Old Lady at Information Desk: “I think it’s that way. But I’m not sure -- I just started my shift.” [As if the airlines change their locations at the airport daily] ”Jim, do you know where Alaska Airlines is?”
Jim: [silence]
Old Lady: “Go over there, I think.” [Alaska Airlines was not over there]


My Bon Voyage Party at JFK (thanks for sending the pictures, Mom!): 
L to R: Mom, me | Pam, Me, James

No comments:

Post a Comment