Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mt. San Jacinto -- An Easier Route

Today, Udi and I hiked up to Mt. San Jacinto again; this time, we did not start on the desert floor, but on the Marion Mountain trail. I was curious to see if was going to react negatively to the altitude again, but I had a feeling that since we were starting around 6,000ft this time (rather than 500ft), I would be okay.


Good morning!





It's 8:15am and we've already been hiking for an hour and a half!


Still snow on the trail.


Lake Hemet in the distance.

Tornado tree!

Coffman's Crag from behind.


At the peak, the views were much clearer today than when I was up here two weeks ago.




Vino with lunch at the peak and feeling fine! No altitude issues for me today!






It was just so beautiful -- I couldn't stop taking pictures up there. Sorry there are so many! We hiked down to the tram station and rode the tram down.

 This is the view of the tram line from the parking lot.

After every hike, Udi ices his ankle because he had surgery last year and he's trying to manage the pain and continue to hike. He's pretty hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment