Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Belly Up!

Today, Nikkie invited me to join her and her friends to go see Big Country at Belly Up, which apparently is somewhere that one must go when visiting coastal southern California. It's down in Solana Beach and was about a half hour drive from Carlsbad.



If you think you don't know who Big Country is, you will be like, "Ooooh, I guess I DO know them!" when you hear this:


Anyway, it was super fun and I got to try my first Sculpin IPA, made by Ballast Point Brewing Company, which is located in San Diego. Super delicious -- and super dangerous!

Jess and Nikkie.



Opening act, "Stripes and Lines".


Mike Peters has replaced the band's original lead singer, Stuart Adamson, who committed suicide in 2001.





Ah! This picture is so bad! But he's so close!




No comments:

Post a Comment