Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Oceanside

Today, I decided to take a walk from Carlsbad to the Oceanside Pier because it didn't look too far, but it kind of was. 

You can see the pier in the distance. There is a building on the end of it.

 \
Weird big seaweed thing

I have arrived

There's a Ruby's Diner at the end of the pier. I don't really like the idea of a chain restaurant being there, but whatever...not my pier.

I like the mountains in the distance...it's so different from what I'm used to seeing on the beaches back home.



He seems annoyed.

The names carved into the rails are of people who donated $25 to get "a piece of the pier", when it was rebuilt in 1987. The pier was originally built in 1888 at another location but was destroyed, and since then, five more have been built over the years in this current location (they keep getting destroyed by storms -- but not since 1987!).

I have to walk all the way back to Carlsbad now :(

That's an amphitheater to the left, and there's a few restaurants and things like that here as well. It was a cool place but the beach was really crowded.


The walk back was pretty exhausting and felt a whole lot longer than the walk to the pier (which also felt long). I'm glad the beach near Nikkie's house doesn't get as crazy crowded as the beach near the Oceanside Pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment