Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

After returning somewhat late last night from the Gorgonio hike, I took it easy today and took a walk around Carlsbad to stretch out my legs.

This is the entrance to the beach which is about a two-minute walk from Nikkie's house.






I called my dad to say happy Father's Day and got to hear about the fun day that he and my sisters had had out east on Long Island. It sounded like a beautiful day. I was sad that I couldn't be there.

Finished sand castle.


I was watching the sun begin to set and feeling really hungry (and thirsty), so I walked around looking for somewhere to get something to eat. Lo and behold...

Easy decision.

I got something called a boxty, which is like a potato pancake folded over whatever filling you choose -- I got corned beef. Oh my goodness...so delicious. I also tried a corned beef quesadilla which was absolutely amazing. And the Guinness....

I love this place.


"I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

No comments:

Post a Comment