Friday, June 21, 2013

Carlsbad Village Walk

I've had quite a few job interviews this past week and nothing seems to be working out (sad face). Looking for a job is a job in and of itself. Anyway, today, I had another interview and then went to the beach in the afternoon. 


Then, I got together with Nikkie and her daughter, Gabby, and we went to grab something for dinner and then to the "Carlsbad Village Walk", which was an event featuring 44 musical performances all over town, and you just walk around and listen to music. Pretty cool.

"Mattson2". It was pretty much just like...noodly surf guitar. Not exactly my thing, but it was fun anyway.

I think it's sort of weird and unfortunate that they were set up in front of restrooms. Also, we were sitting on astroturf. 
The weather is perfect here -- why wouldn't you just grow real grass?

Then Nikkie and I met up with some of her friends at a place called SeƱor Grubby's for some beers.

L to R: Jess, Marsha, Joe, Therry and Jim.

We headed over to The Village Pub, which was pretty cool. Whenever a train passes (the station is very close and you can hear it), you can get certain beers (mostly your standard domestics -- Coors, Bud, etc.) for cheaper than usual -- they're called "Train Beers". I think this is an awesome idea.

Then the rest of the group went home, and I met up with a friend and went to a party. It was a good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment