Saturday, June 8, 2013

S2S

At 11:30p last night, I began a hike called "S2S", which stands for "Snow Creek to San Jacinto". It is approximately 11,000ft elevation gain in about 30 miles. The hike begins at Snow Creek Village and the majority of it is spent on the Pacific Crest Trail. It then meets up with Fuller Ridge and ends at San Jacinto peak.


It starts.
Chris, Nikkie and Jess.

I didn't take very many nighttime photos, but as the sun came up, the views, as always, were just beautiful.








Chris and Jess taking a break.


Nei taking a nap.

I might have taken a picture of this because it's Fuller Ridge, which is where we were heading. I also might just be making this up -- I can't remember.


Kelly, I know you love it.




Me and Sung. We were trying to make "S2S" with our hands, but it didn't really work out.

We gave up.


Honestly, I didn't really think this hike was that difficult. The hardest thing about it, for me, was simply the amount of time spent hiking. It gets to the point sometimes where you're not really tired or anything...you're just kind of bored and you've had enough and you want to be done.

4 comments:

  1. OH NAY NAY. Aside from the nasty friend you made in the wilderness, the sunrise pictures are stunning!!!
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. just got to reading this. I read a whole memoir on a chick who hiked the PCT so i feel closer to this post. that is the closest I will ever get to a 30 mile hike - reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will someday be that chick...only hopefully make less mistakes than she did.

      Delete