Saturday, March 16, 2013

DOOWYLLOH

This morning I ran a St. Patrick's Day 10k at Griffith Park in Los Angeles. It was sort of stupid and disorganized, but it was fun anyway.

After I hung out for awhile, since I was already at the park, I decided to hike up to the Hollywood sign.

Some views on the way up.

This was crazy steep! Looking up before climbing it, then looking down after.


Hi!

This is not allowed and those people got in a lot of trouble. It was funny!

The Griffith Observatory -- definitely on the "to-do" list.

After getting up behind the sign, I decided to go off on these ridge trails in the surrounding hills. I wonder if Hef's actually ever been up here. And on the right is the highest point on the ridge as far as I could tell. I climbed to the top but the view wasn't that great. Honestly, it's probably an air quality issue more than anything -- the views all around were very limited by smog.

The end of my journey!

4 comments:

  1. Now it's official: you made it to "HOLLYWOOD". You're photos illustrate the difference in "steep" going up - which just seems like a lot of hard work and "steep" going down - which appears to be terrifying! Looks like you're having a great time! Keep up the good work! Miss you; love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps..."Your" photos :)And Happy St. Patrick's Day! Go find a Guinness today! Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! Happy St. Patrick's Day :) Love you!!!

      Delete
  3. Too awesome! - kel

    ReplyDelete