Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Goodbye L.A. -- It's Back to the Desert

This morning, I met up with my friend, Jacqueline, and we hiked the Paseo Miramar Trail, which is normally very scenic. It was so hazy or smoggy or whatever that I really didn't get to see much!

There's the Pacific Ocean. Can you see it?


These clouds were rolling in very quickly and straight towards us.

Then, I drove back to Twentynine Palms.

<3

Then, I went to Palm Springs with Chris.

This is where we went. Looks pretty basic, right?

They have a back room with live dixieland music! This was really awesome. And my burger was really really really good.

Hangin' with Sonny Bono.

Me and Marilyn. She's been in Palm Springs for a while and will be moving elsewhere soon.
(I think this statue is kind of obnoxious)

4 comments:

  1. When we come to visit, you definitely have to take us to Woody's! Looks great! -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! We will have to pick a night that they have a good band and make a reservation -- as you can see, it was packed!

      Delete
  2. First of all, Jurassic Park much??? That hike looks so eerie! Love it!
    Second of all, that Marilyn picture made me LOL.. very interesting work of art

    -kel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It does look like Jurassic Park. I can hear the theme now...

      Also, yes...the Marilyn statue is quite lame. So, of course, it's necessary to take a picture standing underneath it.

      Delete