Monday, April 22, 2013

Port of San Diego / Coronado

Today, I spent the day checking out the Port of San Diego and also took a trip over to Coronado.

In keeping with my tradition of taking photographs in front of large iconic statues...

"A National Salute to Bob Hope and the Military"

Yes, the duck is on a leash.

U.S.S. Midway Museum. I didn't go in, but it was cool to look at. It was the longest serving aircraft carrier of the 20th century and, as you can see, there are lots of planes on the deck that I could have checked out if I'd felt like paying to get in.

Bridge to Coronado...

...but I took a ferry!

San Diego from across the bay.

Docking at Coronado.

I walked across Coronado from the bay side over to the ocean side and hung out at the beach for a little while.

It was hard to capture in a photo, but the sand looked like it had flakes of gold in it.


After falling asleep on the beach for a while (and getting a sunburn as a result thereof), I walked back through Coronado and went to the Coronado Brewing Company. I had fully intended on taking photographs of my beer and of the inside of the place, but I was just too distracted by the good beer, the baseball game and all the nice people that I wound up talking to! So, I guess I'll just have to go back...

2 comments:

  1. why are you in San Diego? I can't keep track of you. How close is that to 29 Palms?

    ReplyDelete